GDOT says it has not confirmed reports of ice on metro Atlanta interstates and state routes.
GDOT had received some reports of ice and vehicle spinouts on the Ga. 400 flex lanes/emergency shoulder around Northridge Road at about 8:15 a.m., but so far officials have been unable to confirm those incidents.
Here is an update on current pavement temperatures on interstates around metro Atlanta, which hovered around freezing as of 8 a.m. So far, only a few spots of I-75 and I-85 north of the Perimeter were displaying pavement temperatures at or below freezing.
- Ga. 400 at Northridge Road: 33.8 degrees
- I-20 at Panola Road: 35.6 degrees
- I-285 at Ga. 8/D.L. Holowell Parkway: 33.8 degrees
- I-75 at South Marietta Parkway: 31.6 degrees
- I-75/I-85 Downtown Connector at 10th Street: 33.6 degrees
- I-85 at Jimmy Carter Boulevard: 32 degrees
- I-85 at Ga. 74/Senoia Road: 34 degrees
Staff writer Andria Simmons compiled this report.
Additional coverage: Icing knocks out power to thousands, threatens Tuesday morning commute