Five things you should know Wednesday, October 28:
1. Basketball season has begun, but maybe not the way the Hawks hoped. [Check out Chris Vivlamore’s 5 observations from the game | photos from the season opener]
2. The most beautiful college campus in the world is in Georgia, according to Buzzfeed readers. Oh, and it’s not in Athens. [Find out which campus readers picked here]
3. Acworth police are investigating the death of a 2-year-old. [Read what police say happened here]
4. Two people died early this morning when a jack-knifing tractor-trailer careened into oncoming traffic on I-85 in DeKalb County. [Read more on this story here]
5. We hope you like rain. [Get your full Atlanta area weather forecast here]
Message to our readers: We are temporarily experiencing publishing delays on our website.
The good news: we have a backup. For the latest news, please bookmark and continue to follow this blog throughout the day.
Also follow AJC on Facebook. And for our premium content, like us on Facebook at myajcatl. You can also follow us @ajc on Twitter. We apologize for the inconvenience.