Five things to know Friday, Jan. 22:
1. Some metro Atlanta schools — grade schools and colleges — plan to close early today. [For the list of schools, plus the latest on weather, click here | rain makes morning commute dangerous | your Atlanta area forecast]
2. A DeKalb County police officer has been indicted for murder in the March 2015 fatal shooting of an unarmed and naked civilian. [Christian Boone has the story here]
3. Furious negotiations underway over craft brewery bill. [Aaron Gould Sheinin has the details]
4. Construction of the new Falcons stadium is behind schedule and likely won’t be completed by the March 2017 deadline. [Find out what that means for Atlanta’s new soccer team]
5. This is what longtime Eagles’ manager Irving Azoff says killed guitarist Glenn Frey. [Find out what he blames here]
Just because the kids aren’t in school all day doesn’t mean they can’t learn something today. Check out our Black History Month coverage and teach them about the civil rights movement.